My skills reflect my ADD tendencies. I like to jump around in art style and medium because I love the tools and process as much as the end result. Paint, draw, print, weld, and woodwork; wrench a car, motorcycle, and bicycle. It doesn't matter; it's all art and I love mucking around in there. I also love to fix stuff that would otherwise end up in a landfill and to take things apart just to see how they work.
18 years of game-industry experience, from production artist to management, across multiple platforms, including PC, Console, and Mobile Devices.
- Define and develop visual goals and art direction for studios' titles.
- Manage day-to-day operations for a team of up to 26 artists, including Painter/Modelers, Animators, FX Artists, Lighters/TDs, Concept Artists, UI Designers, Outsource Managers,
and Department Producers. Responsibilities included tasking, dailies, annual reviews,
team-building, and general "firefighting".
- Interface and negotiate with publishers, and manage documentation.
- Develop outsourcing pipelines and relationships, including project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Interact with all departments to define needs, including tech for visuals with Programming, level pipelines with Design, Character pipelines with Animation, and resource management and scheduling with Production.
- Build and improve the Art Department, including screening candidates' portfolios, interviewing and hiring qualified candidates.
- Represent Art Department in all business matters, including resource management and budgeting.
- UI Visual Design and Asset creation
- Concept Art
- Environment Art
- Character Art
- Marketing Art
- Basic Rigging and Animation
Console and PC:
- Environment Modeling and Texturing.
- Character Texturing.
- Prop-Modeling and Texturing.
- UI Visual Design and Art.
- Marketing Art.
Gameography (partial list):
Puzzle Raiders - iOS, Android - Art Director/Production Artist (2014) Developer / Publisher: Shiny Shoe
Unannounced title -iOS, Android - Contract Environment/Prop Artist (2014) Developer / Publisher: Warner Brothers
Unannounced title - Contract Line Artist (2013) Developer / Publisher: Kixeye
OFFWORLD – iOS, Android – Production Artist (2012) Developer: Shiny Shoe / Publisher: 6waves
Resistance: Burning Skies - PlayStation Vita – Art Director (2012) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: SCEA
PlayStation Move Heroes - PS3 – Art Director (2011) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: SCEA
Zombie Apocalypse – XBLA / PSN – Department Director (2009) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: Konami
Conan – Xbox 360, PS3 – Art Director (2007) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: THQ
Marvel Nemesis – Xbox, PS2, GameCube – Lead Artist (2005) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: EA
Starcraft Ghost – Xbox, PS2, GameCube – Environment/Prop/UI Artist (unreleased) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: Blizzard
Vampire the Masquerade – PC – Environment/Prop/UI Artist (2000) Developer: Nihilistic Software / Publisher: Activision
Requiem: Wrath of the Fallen – PC – Environment/UI Artist (1998) Developer: Cyclone Studio / Publisher: 3DO
Battlesport – 3DO – Production Artist (1995) Developer: Cyclone Studios / Publisher: 3DO
Captain Quazar – 3DO – Production Artist (1995) Developer: Cyclone Studios / Publisher: 3DO
San Francisco Art Institute
University of California, Berkeley
References available upon request.